Friday 12 October 2012

Things Move Fast!

Lots has happened so I thought I would give another update.

Last night I spoke to a lady from NL who was listed as a reference for one of our considered adoption agencies. We talked for 2 hours!

She was full of great information and didn't miss a beat. She offered SO may little details of things I wouldn't think to ask. I'm very grateful she was so open to talk to me! I got some great information and made another contact (she asked me to keep in touch and keep her posted on our journey). I have to say - I've lucked out with people so far!

In today's mail was our list of approved private home study practitioners! This means we passed the Child Abuse/Child Welfare Registry Check!!

In Halifax there is only one person to choose from (the others are spread out across Nova Scotia). She has a very impressive background and has worked in many different areas (you get a mini-resumé with the referral).

I've put in a call (and an email) already, but given that it is nearly 4pm on a Friday afternoon I doubt I'll hear back today. Either way, we hope to hear back soon, and that it won't take TOO long to get started.

Cost of such a home study? $2000 so not TOO bad actually, compared to some other provinces.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...