Friday 12 October 2012

More Developments Tonight

I actually got an email response from the Social Worker tonight! Hooray!

She answered my questions (she's worked with both agencies that we're considering, has worked with Russia before, etc). She also advised that we will be working with both her and her associate, which is a good thing.

It doesn't take long to get things moving. Our first appointment is scheduled for October 26th - exactly 2 weeks away! From what I understand that is a general first meeting and we will be given a list of documents to get together which needs to be done before the interviews start. These documents are things like birth certificates, Criminal Record Checks, marriage certificates, references, etc. Not a big deal but will be a little time consuming. Me, being so laid back and relaxed *ahem* will not worry about it until then . . . except I plan to get those things together right away next week. Go ahead - laugh at me!

(We also squared away 1 reference of the 4 we need so there's progress there too!)

Luckily we only need to be pay the first half of the fee in the beginning, and the remainder when we sign the report at the end. So that's good to hear!

When I asked questions about how long it takes, she couldn't really say as it depends on how fast we get documents together, how our interviews go, the home inspection, etc. When I asked how long it takes to have the report written at the end of it she said it would only be a couple of weeks I was thrilled! In my research I discovered that it can sometimes take 2-3 months so that was a relief!

I'm hoping our on-the-ball attitude and get-to-it-ness will help everything move a good pace.

This also means that we'll start the fund raising sooner rather than later. So be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...