Monday 4 March 2013

The Next Set of Paperwork

So, in the excitement of this past weekend, Adam was battling the flu. Sunday (aka Crib Day!) he was feeling much better.

Then, in the middle of the night, I woke up sick. Then he did. Then we both had to call in sick. And it seems to be a very mean flu.

While I know that every person in the world gets sick, I wonder how I could possibly feel like this (or he could) and still care for a Little One. Parents - how do you do it? What are your tips? When  you feel like someone has been running a lawn mower through your throat, you're dizzy every time you move and things are generally flu-y, how do you take care of someone else?

Obviously I know that you do. You just do what needs doing and get through the moment. But you deserve a medal.

However, there are still emails to returned from the comfort of a pillow on the sofa - and today we made an appointment to start on the region-specific paperwork.

One of the requirements for Vladivostok is a psychological adoption assessment. Today I made an appointment with a psychologist for the assessment, only to learn that it's nearly a 4 week process. Yikes! The lady I spoke to was very nice and agreed to try and have it done by the end of March, so now I hope it will be the longest portion and everything else will be 100% ready to move forward.

So a lot of people have asked  us what the next step is. We're still trying to figure out the specifics, but right now it's a focus for paperwork, and then our completed dossier moves on. Where, and in what order, I'm not entirely sure (I'm working on it) but in the end the dossier will end up in Vladivostok - translated and registered and waiting for a referral. Feel free to take a look at our Process Overview page for a general outline.

I'm getting anxious!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, remember our Guest Blogger, Candice? I'm happy to report that she is in Russia right now, awaiting her adoption hearing. Everything has gone very well and we are sending her our best wishes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another lady we met at our International Adoption Training (link to post here and here) is also in Russia to meet her Little One. We are thinking of her and send our best!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...