Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Week Before Christmas

It's a quiet, blustery week here.

We received our letters from the bank that we need for the agency, but we had to ask them to re-send them as there was an error. But it's till one more thing (almost) done!

My main point of the post today is to share a news story regarding Russia-USA adoptions. This story has broken on CNN.

I decided, after reading, to take a look at the Moscow Times to see what their news was reporting. This story seems to include the premise that the proposed ban is in retaliation, and this opinion story is very much opposed to the ban. And this one other story seems to have a good explanation of both sides.

I'm not sure what to make of the news quite yet. I hate to see the potential for families taken away from the children. The thought that childless couples would not be able to build a family with the help of Russia breaks my heart, as I can't imagine what would happen if the option was taken away from Adam and I.

However, I know enough to know that I'm not aware of all sides of the story, and that there are details that I'm not privy to.

Let's hope that, no matter what, things work out for the best for all involved. Perhaps Couple X are meant to adopt a little girl in the Ukraine but hadn't been looking there. Perhaps Little Boy X is meant for a family in Russia who will be inspired by the ban to reach out to the orphanage. I don't know. But I am reminded that the path to success look something like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...